Luca Rossetti and Matteo Chiarcossi, after the summer holidays, win the 39th Hitit Rally, sixth round of the 2012 Turkish Rally Championship, which took place this weekend (August 25th – 26th) on gravel in Samsun, a Turkish city overlooking the Black Sea.
With this success the United Business crew, at the wheel of their Skoda Fabia S2000 of Pegasus Racing, claimed the third win of the season in the Turkish National Championship, going in the lead of the provisional classification with one event left to the end of the season. On the eve their opponents were certainly very competitive and aggressive, the closest rival in the fight for the title of 2012 Turkish Champion, Yagiz.
Avci with his Ford Fiesta S2000 of the Castrol Ford Team Turkiye was certainly the most insidious opponent, but the three time European Champion, once into the competition, made the most of his Skoda S2000, with Pirelli tyres, giving one more satisfaction to Skoda Turkey – Yuce Auto and Team Pegasus Racing.
“This was a very important race for us, – said Luca Rossetti – we had to obtain a result to regain the lead in the Turkish Championship standings. I was also helped by the premature withdrawal of Yagiz Avci. Now the others have to follow us, there is one event left, we will try to keep the momentum and win the title”.
In only three days, the current leader of the Turkish series will return to race in Italy, always driving a Skoda Fabia S2000 by team DP Autosport, on Thursday he will be in Udine ready for the reconnaissance of the 48th Rally del Friuli – Alpi Orientali, which will take place this weekend (August 31st – September 1st): for Rossetti this is a return to rallying in Italy, in a race which he has already won twice (2008 and 2011).
The event based in Udine will be valid for the Italian Trofeo Rally Asfalto, the Slovenian Championship and the Mitropa Cup, there are 120 crews entered, the most dangerous opponents will certainly be the 7 crews with WRC cars and the 5 drivers at the wheel of Super 2000, among which former Slovenian champion Aleks Humar driving a Skoda Fabia S2000.
- The 3 times European Rally Champion Luca Rossetti in Turkey, at the 38° Hitit Rally
- Luca Rossetti wins Istanbul Rally 2012
- Luca Rosetti with Skoda wins the 3rd Eskisehir Rally
- Luca Rossetti in the Turkish Rally Championship with the Skoda Fabia S2000
- Rossetti wins in Turkey
- Luca Rossetti will start with number 1 at the Rally Poland
- Geko Ypres Rally 2011 – Another international challenge for Luca Rossetti
- Luca Rossetti at the start of Rally Bulgaria to defend his leadership
- Luca Rossetti European Champion
- Luca Rossetti is ready for the 2011 Rali Vinho da Madeira