Turkey’s oldest international motorsport event, 41st ERC Bosphorus Rally is to be started with total of 66 cars. The sixth round of 2012 FIA European Rally Championship (ERC), 41st Bosphorus Rally’s entry list has been published. The event, which is counting for European Rally Championship, Turkish Rally Championship and Turkish Historic Rally Championship, will see total of 66 cars to participate.
In the ERC classification, there are 51 crews from 6 different countries, including 12 S2000 cars. The star names such as Juho Hanninen, current leader of ERC; Luca Rosetti, former three times ERC champion; Yağız Avcı, winner of last year’s event; Michal Solowow, who won the Bosphorus Rally in 2009; Volkan Işık, ERC runner-up of 2007 and the other fast drivers including Burak Çukurova, Ercan Kazaz, Murat Bostancı, Fatih Kara, Antonin Tlustak, Abdulaziz Al Kuwari and Halim Ateş will fight for the victory on 14 special stages during three days.
The rally will get started on Friday afternoon, 6 July, from in front of hictoric and magnificent Haydarpasa Train Station. Following short loop of Friday, on Saturday and Sunday, drivers will head to demanding, fast and smooth surfaced gravel stages of Istanbul and Kocaeli cities to challenge for the top step of the podium
Apart from ERC classification, there will be total of 9 historic rally cars, including legendary 70’s rally machines like Ford Escort MK2 and BMW 2002. In the local rally group, 6 other crews will compete, as well.
We hope to see a very exciting and unforgettable fight for the top spots and wish a succesful and safe event for everbody involved.
- Luca Rossetti wins Istanbul Rally 2012
- Luca Rossetti in the Turkish Rally Championship with the Skoda Fabia S2000
- The 3 times European Rally Champion Luca Rossetti in Turkey, at the 38° Hitit Rally
- Luca Rossetti at the start of Rally Bulgaria to defend his leadership
- Luca Rosetti with Skoda wins the 3rd Eskisehir Rally
- Rally legend Marcus Grönholm to compete in Global RallyCross Championship
- FIA allows group R4 rally cars in WRC
- Subaru Rally Team USA Drivers David Higgins and Dave Mirra to Compete at Summer X Games 17
- The New World Rally Cars in 2011
- Swedish driver and new generation cars add sparkle to 2012 Whangarei Rally entries