Rally Sweden is completed, and Petter Solberg World Rally Team finshed in 5th position. Mikko Hirvonen won overall, while Mads Østberg drove in to second place in front of Jari Matti Latvala who ended third.
Petter Solberg and Chris Patterson started the day in third position only 9 seconds off the lead when the last day started. Included in the total time is 20 sec time penalty. But they lost time from the morning due to problems with a front damper.
- I think we have done good this weekend and everything has worked well, says Petter Solberg. – Even with 20 seconds time penalty I think we had a chance for a podium. But with the damper problems this morning, we lost to much time.
Petter Solberg was pulled over by the police on Friday, for speeding, and because of that he had to put his codriver behind the steering wheel on the last stage of the rally. – I take my hat of for Chris, says Petter. – He has never driven a rally car before, still he managed to set a good time on that stage.
Overall classification Rally Sweden
1. Mikko Hirvonen, Ford
2. Mads Østberg, Ford +6,5
3. Jari-Matti Latvala, Ford +34,0
4. Sebastien Ogier, Citroën +47,7
5. Petter Solberg, Citroën +1.31,2
6. Sebastien Loeb, Citroën +2.30,3
7. PG Anderson, Ford +6.22,0
8. Kimi Raikkonen, Citroën +7.02,3
9. Matthew Wilson, Ford +10.11,5
10. Al Qassimi, Ford +10.31,1
- Petter Solberg and Chris Patterson are going for victory in Wales
- Petter Solberg and Chris Patterson wraps up Saturday with two stage wins
- Petter Solberg will go flat out to win in Rally Sweden 2011
- Petter Solberg WRC – Rally de Espana Day 1
- Petter Solberg – Rallye de France Day 3
- Petter Solberg WRT – WRC Rally Japan 2010 Day 3
- Petter Solberg WRT – WRC Rally Japan 2010 Day 2
- Petter Solberg is ready for the snowy and icy roads
- Petter Solberg WRT- Rallye de France 2010 – Day 1
- Petter Solberg overnight leader in Japan